Tuesday, 17 April 2012

Welcome knitters!


Hello!

Welcome, knitters and other crafty/thrifty/ethically conscious types, to the first instalment of my new knitting blog.

Here will be discussed the merits of reclaimed yarn, what you can knit with it and how you can get it, amongst other things.

About a year ago I discovered the marvels of unravelling old sweaters, not only providing me with an almost unlimited supply of gorgeous yarn, but eliminating my ethical quandaries concerning the purchase of new yarn.
(See my blog post 'A Woolly Conundrum' about such things.)

Soon I found I almost enjoyed unravelling more than actually knitting... And, that I had more unravelled goodies than I knew what to do with! So I decided to start selling my excess stash - which developed into actively purchasing and unravelling sweaters to sell.

Find Rewound on Etsy
Check out my Etsy shop: Rewound.

Knitting with reclaimed yarn can be slightly more challenging than knitting with shop-bought stuff, but therein lies the fun! It's always unique, so you can't check out the Ravelry stash pages for advice. But on the other hand, it's unique...

Angry the Wild Boar



So I am writing this blog to document my unravelling adventures, offer up potential patterns and tips for reclaimed yarn, show off my own FOs, and post tutorials on all aspects of reclaiming.



I look forward to reading your comments, answering your questions and making some new knitting friends!

Knit on and be happy...


No comments:

Post a Comment